Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Zhong Shan Apartment

Last night, my apartment mates and I got more than a little bit lost coming home from dinner. But let's face it, I had been here for almost 2 whole days, it was about time I got lost and had a little misadventure. Getting to and from dinner tonight turned out much better (getting a map today probably helped). Okay, so we didn't find the place we were planning to eat at but we didn't get lost either and I got some pretty darn tasty 炒米粉 (fried rice noodles) to boot. Anyhow, I feel like I'm finally starting to get myself somewhat oriented to my surroundings. Whoot!

In my spare time, I've also been working on getting my apartment set up. I got everything unpacked, figured out how to use the water purifier, and I now have a bed spread (complete with little elephants!). Now if only we could figure out how to get the water heater going so we can stop taking cold showers every morning...
But all is well. As promised, here are some pictures of my new place:

From the outside I'm on the very top right corner.
The common room
My room, complete with plastic closet. And don't let that window fool you, I have an interior room, so the only window in it is decorative and opens onto the living room.
New elephant bedspread!

No comments:

Post a Comment